From floors to countertops, concrete is finding it’s way indoors, and no longer staying hidden beneath other materials. Rightfully so, as it comes packed with many benefits. Are you considering concrete for your kitchen remodel? If so, here are some things to think about with regards to concrete floors:
Does concrete make you think of sidewalks, garages or basements? If so, think again…and get that sidewalk image out of your mind altogether. Although cement is an ingredient in concrete, they are not the same thing. Concrete floors are far from the dull gray compound that may taint their image; and with new options galore, you may want to consider them for your kitchen remodel.
- Concrete floors can be transformed into a wide range of colors and styles to match your particular taste through stains, paints, polishing and engraving.
- They are extremely low-maintenance – just make sure you seal them every couple years, or as needed.
- Need I mention that they’re extremely durable??
- Concrete floors can cut back on allergens in the home (mainly compared to carpet) as they don’t collect and harbor as much dust.
- When installed and stained properly, concrete floors can be quite beautiful and artistic – giving a unique modern look to your home.
- If you ever get tired of your concrete, you or any future owner can easily install another floor option over them.
- Concrete floors are difficult to install without professional assistance. The process can get messy, and if you don’t know what you’re doing, you may do more harm than good.
- The installation process can get a little bit pricy depending on what lies beneath your previous floor.
- People have complained that concrete floors are cold, and sometimes hard on the feet.
If you’re considering concrete floors for your upcoming kitchen remodel, make sure you take the time and use the appropriate resources to install it properly. After you’ve made a concrete decision (pun intended), I’m confident you won’t have regrets.